These "extremists" had already left England and taken up shop in Holland so they were out of the Brits hair. The Dutch wouldn't offer them anything other than menial, low-paying jobs, so they flew the coup and came to America. Look it up.
Funny you guys condemn extremists now and protect extremists then...Nathaniel Hawthorne was descended from this group and he wouldn't even defend them.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
These "extremists" had already left England and taken up shop in Holland so they were out of the Brits hair. The Dutch wouldn't offer them anything other than menial, low-paying jobs, so they flew the coup and came to America. Look it up.
"Yes, there are two paths you can go by
But in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on."
So basically, what you're saying and what history tells us is that they were basically run out of England and Holland...wow, savory group there...got to see a witch hangin or two tho once they set up shop here!!..lol
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
Read it for yourself, or do I need to send you a tape/CD so you can brush up on your histroy?
"Yes, there are two paths you can go by
But in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on."
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheBeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> how ignorant clinging to both things can make you. </div></div>
Not on the gun part, but telling someone that clinging to their religious beliefs is ignorant is about an atheistic remark a person can make. </div></div>
Thought he was a muslim?
3 registered dems in my imediate family not even voting this year....
my grandfather is 76 and has voted dem for president every election since he turned 18, he will not vote this year....
Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
[img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]
I know about the different groups that settled America...I don't need a brushing up cuz I also know folks try to make the formation of our government somehow validate that their religion is better or was more intended for our country than someone else's...and me being a non-religious person could care less. But, you siad yourself they were run out of England by the church...facts are facts. It doesn't make them pious and pure...it makes them fundamentalists and extremists in today's jargon. They were persecuted for their beliefs...which still happens. Many Mormons in this country can't practice as they believe...and many are gruoped under the label fundamentalists. I can't say I agree with their beliefs, but if religion is to be the supreme law, then secular law wouldn't apply to people like Koresh and Jeffs due to their religious beliefs. These are unsavory people we don't want practicing as they wish in our country...those folks 400 years ago were unsavory folks England didn't want practicing in their counrty. They were radicals who were either gonna endure persecution, or go into basically a voluntary exile here.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
Join the Republician Church of the Almighty dollar and you will be alright. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] You know, if you aren't making 200,000 a year, you must be lazy.
I never said they were "run out". Leaving was their own choice, and that was because to stay would mean to adhere to the State Church, which they couldn't agree with.
"Yes, there are two paths you can go by
But in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on."
Conform or leave = run out..
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
Bookmarks